You might hear some anglers saying winter is fishing season, they are actually right, fishing in winters can bring wonders to experience. When everyone is chilling in a hot cozy room, and you are spending time on water is something that hits differently.
The blog is about some useful winter fishing tips that will change your game and will be really helpful.
Best Time to Go for Winter Fishing:
If you have make up your mind and wants to go for the adventure make sure you first check the weather forecast, as fish are the most active prior to the passing of cold front so plan accordingly. If we talk about the best time, it is between 10am to 4pm.
Fishes to Catch During Winter:
Although fishes show migratory behavior and some move to shallow or deeper hot water areas, but there are still great chances to catch some of the most popular fishes. In winter fishing, we consider the quality rather than quantity. The following fishes can be caught when it is cold,
Here we mentioned only a few fishes, but there is a huge number which you can also check from our ice fishing destination of 2022 blog.
Advantages of Winter Fishing:
Winter fishing has its own advantages, here are a few which will motivate you to go on your favorite lake or an ocean to catch some gems.
- Less crowded places, less competition, means there are more spots available for you to catch giant fishes.
- In winters, fishes are not as active as they are in warmer seasons, so this factor might be helpful to get a quality catch.
- Winter fishing is a wholesome experience with a lot of learning time, in this slow time period you can learn different new strategies as well as master your skills.
Winter Fishing Tips:
Some basic yet helpful tips for winter fishing are,
- Either it is winter or summer, your comfort must be your first priority while going fishing or any outdoor activity. Fishing outfit plays an important role in keeping yourself warm, dress yourself in layering. Fishing Nice cotton fishing hoodies for winters is angler’s favorite as it is not only budget friendly but best in quality and unique in designs.
- Go for short trip sessions, doing this keep you warm and energetic. It is advisable to take a sleeping bag or something so if you are staying on the bank at night you may not get cold.
- Winter fishing means an extra preparation, take tin or some instant food and energy drinks to regain warmth and energy.
- If you are wondering where you can find fish in such frosty weather, you can find good fishes in the weedy areas, in the mid of the water or at the bottom of the lake and even in shallow water and birds are really helpful to locate the fishes.
- While talking about winter fishing tackle, I would suggest you to keep small diameter lines and smaller baits with you. For baits, anglers prefer castors, maggots, worms, and other artificial lures which resemble live baits. Fishing Nice has quality artificial fishing lures which mimic movements of natural baits.
- Last but not least, to avoid any frostbite and hypothermia conditions, keep yourself warm and your mobile and other batteries fully charged.